Pages

21.9.2012

The Killing II: Deathclaw

Deathclaws are, in my opinion, some of the nastiest, most infuriating and most difficult creatures to kill in Fallout: New Vegas.

I've tried, died, tried, died and tried and died again countless times. If I was super lucky, I might have killed one or two (and used a few dozens of Stimpaks in the process) but that was it then. Bye me. It's taken hours of gameplay and maaaany deaths to find a way to deal with them. I'm not claiming to be an expert, far from it! But now I can manage Deathclaws. Well, most of the time anyway. Here's some stuff I've found useful.

1. Cripple & Destroy
One way definitely worth tryin is knockin them out with a cattle prod first and then finishin them off with a rifle or such. Cripplin their legs will give you some much needed extra time to kill them before they get their nasty claws on you. Move backwards, dont let them get too close, climb on something if you can. However, this doesnt really work if the whole family is on you.

2. Hide
If you got the patience, sneak somewhere safe, preferably off the ground, (use Stealth Boys if needed) and snipe them one by one. Sniper Rifle with a silencer is a very good choice. Also, it's not a bad idea at all to leave some mines behind you just in case they notice you and start rushin towards you.

3. Level up
I made the mistake of tryin to take them when I wasn't on a high enough level. Don't even go for it before at least level 16.

4. Ammo
Armor piercing bullets should be your best friend when dealing with Deathclaws.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti